[Prev][Next][Index]

Walk down device

In <rockCB6unH.C0s@netcom.com> rock@netcom.com (Anne Rock) writes:

>Well, I have a similar device....mine is called a rescue pulley and
>is intended for larger diameter ropes (like climbing ropes).  The
>wheel is nylon, and now has a big grove in it where the kite line
>cut into it, rendering the wheel fairly useless as the line now just
>cuts the groove deeper.  (Patrick Prosser describes a different
>problem but same end result, useless device, in the Gloves thread.)
                                                     ??????

How many walk downs it worked? Tens, hundreds?
Does the line slide on the wheel when you use it?

>Is your pulley well-suited for smaller diameter lines?  What's the
>wheel made of?

No, the wheel width is not same "size" as my flying lines.
The wheel is about 20 mm wide, the whole pulley weights about 400-
500 g. The wheel is non metallic, but I don't know exactly what.

Well, if the marine pulley is as useless as you and Patrick
predict, I should find it out pretty soon.  However, if I can
rescue a kite and/or avoid injuries in a "heavy" landing
situation, just once - the pulley is worth of it's price.

Smooth Winds & Rolling Pulleys
Simo.Salanne@csc.fi