[Prev][Next][Index]

Sport Kite Line Loop Scrunch

Dear Gang,

        I was wondereing if anybody had a solution to a problem
with sleved stunt kite lines. After flying for a while in a good
stiff breeze, I've noticed that the sleeving is all "scrunched up"
and the loop is reduced in size. So far I've been using a bowline
knot to form the loop and pulling it as tight as I can, but still
the scrunching returns.

        Is this normal and just one of the "joys" of flying or
can something be done? I've tought about using bee's wax on the
inner line. I asked a friend and he has the same problem. He uses
two knots but the same thing happens.

        Well any input would be welcomed. Thanks.

--
The Mad Hata

Return to Kite Fliers's Site