[Next][Index]

FF launch

hi,
several people are talking about - how to launch a flexifoil- in the last days.
I am flying a FF (6 foot) , too and never had *any* troubles starting it.

I use two stakes in the ground for my launch site.
           /
FF======  /
---------/----------------

To make shure that the sail isn't ripped and to prevent kiddies to fall/run
into them (  is this a dagger in my grass...)
I use fibreglass rods (Very elastic) and put a self knitted neon colored
flag on top if it.

This has 3 additional positive side effects:
1. I can see how the ground wind is blowing
2. People see that there is something unusual on the ground
   and never walk over your lines
3. I am always going backwards - so I know that everything/everyone behind
   the flags is save

   J.P.Nowak

Return to Kite Fliers's Site